Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Housekeeping is NOT My Thing

I might be a housewife, but I will fully admit that I abhor housework.
Seriously.  I really do.
There are so many more interesting things to do in the world.   Paint a picture,  read a book, bake, cook, crochet, embroidery,  take a nap.... oooh.  A nap sounds nice. All warm and cozy on the couch, under my favorite blanket...  oh.  Sorry.  I got distracted.  I'm back.

Housework. 

About once a month, I wind up reaching some sort of limit as to the level of mess I can handle.  At this time, I go a little nuts, and get a lot of cleaning done at once.  Once a month,  or thereabouts,  I wind up doing a mini deep clean on whichever particular room has reached critical mass.  I have to admit, however, that since I decided to close my business, I find myself concentrating more on my house.

Now when I move or clean off a piece of furniture, it stays cleaned off, more or less.   I find that I am more willing to throw things out.  I'm willing to part with more of the crap that has built up over the years.  I'm finding that I am more willing to take the time to organize and clear stuff out.  It's going to be a long haul.  Things like this don't change overnight.  But I'm glad it is happening, and I'm looking forward to sharing the changes with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment