Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Let's start at the very beginning...

A very good place to start.....

Hi.  Welcome.  Come on in.  Sit down.   Just push those books off that chair, and have a seat.  Would you like some coffee?  I have a pot.  It should still be warm.  Maybe.  Ummmm... How about tea?  I could make you some tea..... If I can find it.

Yeah.  My life is far from organized.  Or perfect.  I live in a small house.  If you took about 200 square feet off, it would probably qualify as a "Tiny House".  But that's okay.  Less room for stuff, or so I've been told.

I'm in a time of change right now.  I am an artist that dabbled in a lot of different art forms.  Jewelry, painting silk scarves, painting wall paintings, collages, note cards.... I had quite the little business going.  But then.... it stopped earning money.  And it stopped being fun.  And it was time for me to get out.  So, now I sit here, with my living room looking like a craft store blew up all over it, and wonder how my life came to this point.

And I realize one important thing:  I did it to myself.  I was so in love with the idea of having the "perfect everything" that I went crazy trying to make my business into a complete one-woman show.  I would look on various social medias, and get depressed.

Why?  Because my life wasn't like what I was seeing.  It wasn't picture perfect all the time.  In fact, it was no where near perfect.  I got so caught up in the race to have a perfectly clean house, a perfect business, the perfect clothes, the perfect attitude, perfect children, and perfect meals that I forgot something.  I can't do it all, and I can't do it alone.

When I teach art to the kids at school, I try to reinforce one major idea:  No human being is perfect.  There is only one perfect being in the Universe, and that is God.  And we are NOT God.

Of course, did I listen to it as I preached it?  Nope.  But I am now!

So, come with me on this journey.  It's a journey to realize just how perfect I am (oh, and you are by the way!) without all the trappings of social media.  Let's make our lives perfect for us, and stop comparing ourselves to standards we can't possibly achieve.

We will cover cooking (pictures of a messy kitchen included), crafts (paint spills and all), DIY projects (sawdust and drywall dust EVERYWHERE), cleaning and organizing (because we do some of that), and generally living within our means, and learning to be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment